Borrow / Renew / Return
- All students, faculty and staff of MIST are automatically members of the Library.
- Borrower must use their Library ID card to access library services and resources
- Journals, magazines, newspapers and Reference Collection items are not for loan.
Patrons in the following categories may borrow items from MIST Central library. See the table below to see additional information on library privileges and loan periods.
|Member Category||Number of Items||
|-||Reference Book||Text Book||Reference Book||Text Book||Reference Book||Text Book||-|
|Faculty (Military, Army, Navy, Air force, Civil)||No Limits||No Limits||No Limits||No Limits||None||None||No Limits|
|Staff Officers||No Limits||No Limits||No Limits||No Limits||None||None||No Limits|
|Students||5||No Limits||30||180||5.00||5.00||Not Allowed|
- Members must return/renew items borrowed within the due date range.
- Items must be returned to MIST Central Library.
- Items on loan may be renewed if no request is placed for those items.
- Renewals may be done in the following ways
- Online catalogue (http://220.127.116.11:9292)
- Presenting the items at circulation desk.
- Via telephone (+88-02-9010049 Ext.3862).
- Holds may be placed for materials that are currently charged out.
- One can place hold through the online catalogue system.
- Borrowers will be notified for pick-up when the item is returned.
- Borrower can recall for currently loaned items in urgent need by contacting circulation desk.
- MIST Central Library reserves the right to recall borrowed materials before the due date.
- Item/s will be considered as overdue if any user fails to return or renew the item/s within the due date range
- Borrower will not be able to borrow if he/she has overdue.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended until the item/s is/are returned and the penalty for non-returned item/s is/are paid.
- Notices will be served through e-mail to student/staff e-mail accounts.
- Borrowers are responsible for checking that e-mail account.
- Tk. 3.00 (Three) only per calendar day for each Reference Book.
- Tk. 3.00 (Three) only per calendar day for each Text Book.
- Lost by the borrower must be replaced by a new copy of the same item(s).
- The borrower will be solely liable for the full replacement of cost and accumulated fines for the item(s) borrowed.
- The replacement cost of the borrowed item(s) will be the double of the current market price of the item.
- View detailed explanation of lost item(s).